Family Liaison Officer - St Paul's
Family Liaison Officer
St. Paul's (Slade Green) C of E Primary School
Closes midday 4th December 2020
Contractual Hours: 34 per week
Weeks per year: - 40
Salary: £20,760 - £21,902 per annum
Post Start Date: January 2021
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our safeguarding team in the role of Family Liaison Officer to support our children and their families.
The Family Liaison Officer performs a key role in developing and maintaining effective partnerships with parents/carers and in promoting learning and well-being within our school. A primary function of this role is to support children to overcome barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Uphold safeguarding systems and procedures
- Provide a positive offer of support to parents/carers
- Acknowledge the importance of the parent’s role in supporting their child to achieve
- Deal with issues which may arise in a pupil’s home or in their education
- Encourage parents to enter into a partnership with the school
- Be able to open channels to discuss additional family support, training and other needs for individual families.
- Be able to sign post parents and carers to avenues of support
This is an excellent opportunity for you to make a real difference, significantly contributing to the education provision we strive to achieve not only at St. Paul’s (Slade Green) CofE Primary School but across our Trust.
The post will be 5 days each week, term time only. The successful candidate must be prepared to work flexibly when required.
To apply for this vacancy please complete the application form, available to download from the downloads section below, paying particular attention to indicate how you satisfy the criteria set out in the Person Specification. CVs will not be accepted. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is as stated above.
For more information about St. Paul's (Slade Green) CofE Primary School please visit our website at https://www.st-pauls.bexley.sch.uk/
Please note that we may choose to remove this advert prior to the closing date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.