Safeguarding & Family Liaison Officer - Closes 10.12.2021
Post Title: Safeguarding & Family Liaison Officer
Post Location: St Augustine of Canterbury C of E Primary School, St Augustine’s Road, Belvedere, Kent, DA17 5HP
Position Status: Permanent
Contractual Hours: 36 hours per week
Contractual Weeks: 40 weeks per year
Salary: BEX07 points 1-4 £21,981 - £23,191
Post Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Midday Friday 10th December 2021
Please note that we may choose to remove this advert prior to the closing date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
We are seeking to appoint an individual who has experience in working alongside vulnerable children and families. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our safeguarding team in the role of Family Liaison/Safeguarding Officer, supporting our children and their families.
This is a vital role in our school community and you will work to build positive relationships between parents/carers and the school, for the benefit of the children, particularly those that are vulnerable.
A primary function of this role is to support children to overcome barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with vulnerable children and families
- Follow safeguarding systems and procedures
- Provide a positive offer of support to parents/carers
- Acknowledge the importance of the parent’s role in supporting their child to achieve
- Deal with issues which may arise in a pupil’s home or in their education
- Encourage parents to enter into a partnership with the school
- Be able to open channels to discuss additional family support, training and other needs for individual families.
- Be able to sign post parents and carers to avenues of support
This is an excellent opportunity for you to make a real difference, significantly contributing to the education provision we strive to achieve not only at St Augustine of Canterbury C of E Primary School but across our Trust.
The post will be 5 days each week and the successful candidate must be prepared to work flexibly when required.
To apply for this vacancy please complete the application form, available to download from the downloads section below, paying particular attention to indicate how you satisfy the criteria set out in the Person Specification. CVs will not be accepted.
Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is as stated above.